So we are entering our third week of day care and it has been a roller coaster emotionally and physically. Little M started out doing so well and adjusted very nicely. But after week one with the long holiday, it was not good. Every now and then she would bring up that she didn’t want to go to school. And then WE got sick. It was awful. So she missed a few days. We are hopeful that this week will be better. To soak up this positive energy, I wanted to share her best of M moments thus far.
M’s Top 10 List:
- She was Teacher’s helper for a day (this was a day that she had a meltdown about going to school).
- She learned to play Hot Potato (she talked about this game often).
- She learned the letters A and B, and the number 1.
- She made new friends.
- She learned a few new songs and one of them is The Days Of The Week in the melody of the Addams Family theme song (it’s a joy to hear her singing a tune she learned in school).
- She enjoys picking out her clothes, packing up her backpack, and choosing her lunches/snacks.
- She was very proud of her arts and crafts projects that were brought home (see photos below).
- She learned how to use the scissor (I just never felt comfortable enough to teach her at home 😁).
- She really loves her teachers!
- She really loves LLL Day Care!
We are still adjusting and I am learning to let go a whole lot more now… especially because I am a control freak. 😳
So here’s to hoping for a good and healthier week! Let’s do this! 👊😎
Outdoor Educator • Animal Advocate • Trailblazer • Writer