I’ve got more awards to share!!! I apologize for the lengthy post. I wanted to post this for weeks now and I finally had a chance to do it tonight. I am beyond belief with the outpouring of support in our blogosphere. I am humbled and I am speechless! 😊
First, I’d like to thank Ms. Cassiopeia for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! A little about her… this is an excerpt from her About page:
Cassiopeia Lancaster is a Freelance and Creative Writer and Relationship Counsellor and Blogger. She mentors people to build self-esteem and confidence, improve their quality of life, and have better relationships using research-based topics, Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP), and using her experience as a registered nurse. She is currently working on three novels.
This was so unexpected and I was truly honored for her thinking of me. Her blog is worth checking out!
According to the rules from The Versatile Blogger blog:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award with links to their blogs.
- Finally, post 7 things about yourself.
Second, thanks to Lisa over at MamaLisa4 for nominating me for both the Versatile Blogger and Real Neat Blog Awards! She is so awesome for thinking of me yet again. She is currently working on her novel and such a pleasure. Do check her out.
And the rules for Real Neat Blog:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
Lisa’s 7 questions to me and 7 things/answers about myself:
- What is the best thing you love about where you are from? I live in a small town where everyone pretty much knows each other. We have grown close to many families through school and/or sports. It’s awesome!
- Where did your blog name come from? My blog name is a play on words for I will wonder using the word “owl” instead. I love owls! 😊
- What is your dream job? I wanted to be a veterinarian but the academic requirements were too much for me in college. I opted for Environmental Studies. I loved my Ecology professor!
- Favorite book? One of my favorite books was Fallen by Lauren Kate. It’s a young adult book about two star-crossed lovers. One of whom is a fallen angel but there’s much, much more.
- Which single person has inspired you the most in life? My mom is my inspiration. She has a loving heart and such a sweet demeanor. I rarely see her angry.
- What do you love most about yourself? I am not perfect. But if we are talking about my strengths, it would be my patience. I think this goes for all moms out there.
- Dream Vacation? My dream vacation is hands down, Europe! My husband and I joke about it all the time. Once the kids are out of the house, we will be traveling a lot more.
And now I have compiled a list of not just 15 blogs but 30 blogs!!! If I have forgotten someone, please feel free to add yourself to this list. Recently, I have connected with some more wonderful blogs and hence, this long list. Most of these are fellow A to Z bloggers, some with less than 200 followers, and some that are artistic in nature. Please select both awards or just one that suits you best. It’s completely up to you. Just be sure to follow the rules.
- What was your favorite children’s book?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What are the contents inside your bag (women) or wallet (men)?
- What is your blogging routine?
- What inspires you to write?
- Do you have a special talent? If so, please clarify.
My nominated blogs (all in caps to save me time on editing 😊):
- THE RUSTIC BARN OWL
- MOTHER BAKES EASY
- THE GEEKY GIRL NEXT DOOR
- BENJAMIN DRAWS
- WHIMS AND WANDERINGS
- TRAVELS WITH CHOPPY
- THE ODDITY WRITER
- TALES FROM THE LAUNDRY ROOM
- FROG ON A BLOG
- A TEACHER TELLS
- A BOOKISH OWL
- MY GREEN NOOK
- BOOKBUG’S WORLD
- DIY APRIL
- JAZZ YOU TOO
- POP!GAZA – KPOP TRANSLATION LYRICS
- NOTES IN A BOOK
- OVER AND UNDER, AROUND AND THROUGH
- BUNNIES, BLANKETS, AND BANDANA’S
- BASIL AND OIL
- THE ARTISTIC CHRISTIAN
- LIZBROWNLEE – POET
- CAMP THAT SITE
- SAY NO TO CYBERSTALKING
- MIHRAN KALAYDJIAN
- ONE SUN, MANY RAYS
- THE HATCHING CAT
I apologize in advance for any typos in the blog names and let me know if there are any problems with the links above. Please keep in mind that this is not an obligation, just a nomination. You can accept at your own will. And no rush! It took me a while to get my post up. I hope that you will check out these blogs.
Congrats to the nominees and happy blogging!
Now if you will excuse me, I need to notify 30 blogs! 😉
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. - Maya Angelou